Saturday, April 19, 2008

NYS Severe Weather Blog

Welcome to the Severe Weather Blog for New York State. I will be bringing you all sorts of data pertaining to all types of severe weather occurrences in NYS, starting... Now.

I am currently living in Albany, NY, and I am attending SUNY Albany for my Atmospheric Science degree. I love severe weather (thunderstorms and lightning in particular), so I will try to collect and provide as much data on these events as possible.

I have provided some links that I use for severe weather, as well as a couple of photo galleries, which highlight all of the NYS severe weather I witnessed last Spring and Summer. Currently, all severe weather photos are of thunderstorms and lightning and storm clouds, but fear not, as I will start to collect severe weather photos of all types. I have not made an album dedicated to my severe weather pictures as of yet, but I do have some photos up at the AMS Albany Chapter web site (via Photobucket) that are currently linked.

Having said all this, I know both you and I will find this site to be a handy resource for NYS Severe Weather.

- Mark Ellinwood

No comments: