Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Research From the 2009 NESC

I've finally gotten around to uploading a .pdf of my 2009 NESC presentation. The link will likely change after my web space from SUNY Albany is taken away, but I will put it up on there for now. I should really find a more permanent place to put that stuff...

The research has a synoptic scale analysis, as well as a closer look into the mesoscale features of the case studies. This is mostly preliminary research, and more cases could be added in the future. I will probably not continue this research, as I have seen others working on similar situations involving elevated convection, such as Nolan Atkins and Todd Lanouette, who, are working on bow echo storms. They've already come up with some great conclusions about elevated convection that further research on my part would only back up their findings, and not provide a significant contribution to the scientific community.

A Comparison of Cold Season Non-severe Wind Storms and Severe Wind Outbreaks in New York State

NOTE: The "which is which?" slides are animations that do not work on the PDF, so you may disregard those two slides. They merely show the similarity between the radar signatures of surface and elevated convection.

No comments: