Friday, June 6, 2008

MCS Rolls Over NYS

A lazy, lack-luster MCS is traveling across NYS tonight, but there are a few embedded thunderstorms that may produce a severe report or two. There were a few reports of wind damage in the Rochester and Oswego county areas. Hail was also reported just outside of Albany in Guilderland (see UPDATE below).

06/05/2008


It may be 2:30 in the morning, but if I have to stay up all night to catch my first storm of the season... I will!

UPDATE:
It appears as though my late-night excursion actually hurt my chances of seeing a storm, as a thunderstorm which produced dime to penny sized hail passed through my area around 7:00am. I fell asleep at 4:45am, so I was in a deep sleep when it came through.

I just can't catch a break this year it seems. Thankfully, it is still early June, so I still have time to get plenty more storms. It would be nice to actually SEE something though.

No comments: